It’s been a sobering month with terrorist attacks occurring all over the globe, including the bombing in Baghdad, Iraq that left more than 300 dead and 200 injured, the attack in Nice, France that killed 84 and injured more than 300, and the shooting in Munich, Germany that left nine people dead.
The string of violence continues with Japan, where a man reportedly went on a stabbing spree at a center for disabled people.
A 26-year-old former employee at the facility, whose name has not been released, is taking credit for a deadly stabbing that occurred early Tuesday morning with more than 15 already pronounced dead, the Guardian reported.
According to NBC News, an additional 20 to 45m people were injured, and BBC says that 18 of those were seriously wounded. The suspect is said to have carried out the attack at 2:30 a.m. local time, with staff alerting the police of a man wielding a knife walking the grounds. After the attack, he reportedly walked up to authorities and said, “I did it.”
A motive has not yet been determined but police are looking into it. “We are still confirming details of the case,” a police spokesman said.
This is said to be the worst mass stabbing since 2008, when a man drove his truck into a busy Tokyo district, hopped out and began stabbing people. Seven people died that day. Seven years earlier on the same day, a mentally ill man killed eight children with a knife at a primary school in Osaka.
405 total views, 3 views today