Are you always hungry? Do you find yourself always sneaking to the fridge or the kitchen? I’m sure you wonder why that happens. You are not necessarily a gourmand. Below are 8 reasons why you are always hungry.
1. You are dehydrated- Drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes to see if the hunger subsides.
2. You got a bad night’s sleep- Sleep deprivation can increase levels of ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates appetite.
3. You eat a lot of processed carbs- Food like white bread spike your blood sugar and may cause more cravings
4. You are stressed out- After a long day, get time to relax, do some yoga, crank up some good tunes…Instead of going to the fridge
5. You need more protein– Foods like eggs, the meat will make you fuller for a longer period.
6. You need to eat more fat- Unsaturated fat, found in nuts and avocados, is linked to feelings of satiety.
7. You skip meals-Try not to let more than 4 or 5 hours go by in between meals and eat something within an hour of waking up.
8. You eat too fast- Slow down your chewing and bites so your brain has enough time to register fullness.