Wigs are lifesavers. They make you go from ‘meh’ to ‘glam’ all in a matter of seconds. Every lady who truly loves wigs knows that they’re convenient and fabulous. Guess what, you don’t have to shell out a lot of money to wig makers. You can learn how to make a wig all by yourself. Here’s how.
What you need:
- An elastic headband
- A mannequin head
- Needle and thread/ hair glue
- Hair extensions (weave)
- A fitted dome cap
- Lace hair closure
What to do:
- Turn the dome cap inside out and place it on the mannequin. Make sure it fits well.
- Use the needle and thread to sew the elastic band to the rim of the dome cap.
- Turn the dome cap back to the original side and place it on the mannequin’s head.
- Decide what kind of parting style you want and line up where you want the parting with the dome cap.
- Take out your extension and sew the base to the head.
- Do this row by row until you get to the middle of the head.
- Then start to sew the sides of the head by the ears.
- Keep sewing until you have covered the dome cap.
- Tweeze the hairs in the lace closure to make it look like your real hair.
If you would like to see what the wig making process looks like, here’s a video tutorial.
Now, go forth and slay!
You might also want to see how to keep your natural hair healthy when you wear a wig